Flip the Switch

Been listening to this very amazing new group called A Great Big World. Their music has lifted something inside of me, it's rare to feel encouraged. To really feel encouraged, it's like you flip a switch and you are.

The state of your mind, the most powerful tool in your arsenal. Whatever you decide you can do, be; anything is a possibility. God didn't set many limitations for us, except ourselves. We say I can't do that. We listen to voices telling us who we are instead of listening to what He says we are. Is anyone as trustworthy as the one who made you?

Even as a parent, I can't tell my children what they are...I was a vessel, not the creator.

As a parent I will spend my whole existence trying to convince my children how precious they are, because I can't properly show them in my very flawed ways.

So, I can sympathize with God when I sit here feeling so aimless. I bet He gets frustrated.

This whole life is spent like an alien, I am human, I am flesh and blood and my body belongs here, but not my soul. My soul feels lost here. I think sometimes that is the root of my restlessness. I know there is more and I'm trying to feel it, see it, be it. 

It is a great big world and I think even just their name is encouraging to me, their words have found a way to say things...maybe I said, but do we even listen to ourselves? Sometimes it takes a stranger to light up the room, flip the switch.

I've read these studies about the power of touch, cuddling, embraces; we don't even realize the changes, maybe they're so subtle we can't tell...but somewhere inside of you, you feel more. You feel hope. Recently a photographer did a study on photographing strangers together in intimate poses, hugging, holding each other and immediately after they posed with the person they felt connected. I think God made our brains so easily connected to each other, we don't even know how connected we are. One big grid, a collection of souls tied together, on a wave we can't see or hear. And this is my theory, I think sometimes just pretending that you're better, smiling, laughing, acting as if things are the way you want them to be...can make them so.

The power of thinking it is. The power of saying it is. The power of touch. Our senses connect us. Seems a little Sci-fi, but God is science. Sometimes I look at his creations and they are so weird and yet they have a purpose.

So stop thinking you don't belong, you aren't good enough or what you are supposed to be. Any given moment you are exactly what you are supposed to be, He doesn't make mistakes, He didn't screw up the mold. He knew you'd be flawed, He knew you'd be human, it isn't a surprise to Him. So why is it to us?

THINK you are more and you will BELIEVE you are more.

Flip the switch.

Comments

Popular Posts