Well Shut My Mouth

Sometimes I get the almost uncontrollable urge...need... to open my mouth and let what I think just flow right out of me. It would feel so natural. So, light, like whipped yogurt on the tongue. But then like a prick of a needle, a small insignificant thing can still draw blood. But, oh, how freeing it would be sometimes to let the words come out.

I believe in honesty, wholeheartedly. But I also believe in kindness. Now, I'm not always quite successful at the last one and I try my darndest to succeed always at #1, but in a way that keeps with #2. But that highly depends on my mood and how many times I've had to repeat myself that day.

Tact is a learned trait and should be practiced daily. The world is not ready for 100% honesty anyway.

I'm going to take a moment to tell you all, sometimes on Facebook I have to keep scrolling to keep myself from commenting on statuses, in a way that I know later I will regret. Sometimes it even happens on Pinterest, recently I have found myself noticing someone posting some things on a board and there is a situation behind it that leads to a lot of drama and just looking at the things this person is posting makes me want to strangle someone. Or yell, loudly, about some people's stupidity, gall, and sheer lack of decorum.

Why don't I just delete these people? Well, what good would I be able to offer the world if every time somebody did something I didn't like, said something I didn't agree with, or got under my skin I just conveniently deleted them from my life/circle? I don't think, imo, God meant for us to seclude ourselves from everyone in the world that wasn't like us...otherwise He would have never hung out with the people He did. {Not that I'm comparing myself to a Christ, by any means, but our ultimate goal is to be like Him, right?}

And on an entirely different note, I get that happiness is important in life. But is your happiness so important to you that you completely disregard everyone else's feelings? And yes, I understand that sometimes, some of us in life have a tendency to sacrifice almost everything for the ones we love and it drains you. But that is what loving someone is all about, putting yourself on the back burner. I don't remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus said, I've sacrificed everything for you for 30 years, it's my turn to be happy! And walked away from His crucifixion. He could have. I feel like in life you have choices and every choice comes with a pro and a con; sometimes your greatest treasures in life require the highest cost, your freedom. If you want your freedom, your happiness, you have to be willing to walk away from something. Just be careful of what you're losing/gaining by this.

Is there a point where you're so concerned with yourself that you're miserable? You're so concerned with trying to be happy, do what makes you happy, that you get further away from it?

I digress, I'm off point.

It is the one best feature of Facebook, to me, I can easily choose whether or not I say or don't say, reply or don't reply, comment or don't comment to something and no one is the wiser. I can take as much time as I want to think about what I want to say, or decide to shut my mouth.

It's like those letters I used to write and then never send. One of the huge plus marks for blogs, as well, I can choose to make it private or make it public. It's up to me! And it's so much easier to make that decision than control what doe sand doesn't come out of my mouth sometimes. After all, my fingers don't type near as quickly as my thoughts come out.

So, say what you want about social media, but it's a great way to "choose" which parts of people's lives you keep up with. And that is worth a lot to me.


Comments

Popular Posts