Resolution: 2013 "The everlasting pursuit of true happiness"

So, It's a new year. A new day, a new me. It's time to continue my quest in bettering myeelf, my life and the influence I am to those around me. I've accomplished a lot this year. I believe the changes that I made have changed how I look at myself and that was one of the single most important changes I've made in years.

I changed jobs, which changed my influential bubble, which changed my perspective, which in turn changed me. And that was wonderful to get to work with a group of women who love themselves, It's obvious in how they take care of themselves and their friends and family. They're in a happy place, which is so refreshing to be around. We don't wallow in the mire of our bad decisions. Of course I'm also past what I felt like was the climax of my miserable hump of pushing out the toxic bad vibes I'd been setting in while trying to create a better future and undo or make up for what wrong I had done.

So, new list. Some old, some new, and some twisted and tweaked to fit.

1. Pay off all credit card debt and car loan. - Last year my goal was to pay down atleast 4 bills, well we paid off 5. And It's a wonderful feeling. We have that momentum that Dave Ramsey talks about and we aren't letting go.

2. Explore options to further save money in our budget; and/or make money by selling our excess.

3. Use atleast 1 new recipe a week from Pinterest. Expand horizons, eat new things!- I personally love this one, I've been hoarding recipes like a squirrel for the day when is have access to pinterest at home where I can easily print them off and make it apart of my meal planning.

4. Do crafts! Learn how to use my sewing machine! Involve my kids in cooking/baking, crafts, games.

5. Organize! Live with less, simplify.

6. Beg Dad for above ground garden and plant: tomatoes, green peppers, strawberries, cucumbers, etc.

7. Create! Take 1 new craft a month from Pinterest and complete it.

8. Date. Go on dates; do new things together, unconventional for sure.

9. Have garage sales! Now that we have a house where we can.

10. No new/full price for the house. Only thrift, garage sales, hand me downs, or created. Give my home character.

11. Use your food processor!!!!!! And finally put the cook book deceptively delicious to work!

I might add more.....we shall see.

Comments

Donna Peterman said…
That is such a super list. I need to adapt some of those to mine. Too bad I live so far away or I could teach you to sew. I do very little but have making the girls clothes on my list.
I loved being able to spend a little bit of time with the children. Brenna is a beautiful little girl. I loved those curls. Ryley was so well behaved and enjoyed playing. We missed you. Maybe another time. We will be camping in Branson this summer. Our trip in May is after Memorial Day because we booked too late, but that is okay with our schedules. Perhaps we could see you then. (I probably spelled both of their names wrong.

Popular Posts