Love Is A River

If love is a river

let me drown in you.

Fill me, I am empty.

Lead me to your shore

where I'll wait for you,

palms to the sky.

I'll surrender to

the current beneath your waves.


If love is a river

let me drown in you,

until your life abounds my own.

Lead me I will follow,

my body and soul afloat

your tangent shallow streams.

Let me find you there

where it never runs dry.


Let me play the fool

living to swim in your

immeasurable pool.

I thirst for you

let me drink my fill.

Let my tears mingle

where they fall

and lie still.


If love is a river

I'll surely drown

for your waters are merciless.

Wash over me

like a flood,

transfuse your waters

for my blood.

Watch as I capsize and sink

and fall gracefully

on your murky floor.


If your love is a river

I would happily relinquish air,

the whole world outside

your liquid embrace.

Drowning would be ecstasy,

let me die like this.


Written & posted @ DeviantArt June 16th, 2003

Comments

Popular Posts