Cover Me

How beautiful

to see the stars in your eyes.

The sky dangles above me

and hovers,

as my lover.


Passion cascades

down 

    my 

        body,


Pulses and ripples.

I grow closer to insanity,

climb closer to the edge.


I'm singing

a love song whispered in your ear.

We huddle,

it's raining

a puddle beneath my body.


You push me down

until your body

is my sky.

Your lips wind me up

and toss me into the wind,

I'm your kite.


Surely I'm helpless to resist

the sky.

You hold my face

and slowly trace

your fingers

down 

    my 

        spine.


How beautiful it is

to watch your eyes darken

and fade to lust.

I must

let you cover me.


Engulf me.

Turn me like a coin

in the palm of your hand,

Trickle to a roar

I fall into you like sand.


I'm over the moon,

lost in the sky

held within your eyes.


Please, discover me.

Take your arms

and wrap them over me,

cover me.


Written March 4th, 2004; Updated October 8th, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts