Running Towards

In Motherhood the most humbling realization to me is that no matter how much good you put into your children, no matter how much you tend to that little seed and shelter it and protect it, when it comes down to it their beauty is all their own. You didn't actually give them any of it, we can only aim for children that have been unadulterated by bad influences and have been allowed to become all that God instilled in them from the moment He dreamed them up.

I'm doing my best to keep them from things that negatively impact them. I want them influenced by beauty and passion and inspiration, not because of fear or hatred or because of hurt. To learn about themselves in the most true sense. Not because they decided they didn't want to be like this and so they're pushing against instead of towards.

I guess what I mean is I want them running towards their destiny, not away from something else.

I have noticed in my life I am always pushing against and away. I've been forced to see myself honestly that I know what I don't want, but it has taken me a very long time to be able to really say what I want. And tell myself I'm allowed to want things, especially if my spouse doesn't want the same things. I'm allowed to be an individual. I never ever want my children to be stuck in a place in life where they feel like less of a person because they've been put in a corner.

There is a time in life to lay things down at the foot of the cross and to surrender the things you want for a period. Because every life has a season where it may seem like your soil is dormant because you can't see anything growing, but underneath life is teaming and wild and preparing to rise up and spread it's beautiful self and be known.

Just a few thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts