The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

There are situations where I feel the desire to treat my children as if they are a direct piece of me {the best part of me}. When someone has disrespected you or doesn't like you and has proven to not be your support, you are more than tempted to protect your children from the same behavior. Also, sometimes you treat them like they are your arm or leg. They're apart of you, so if those people don't like you, in essence they don't like your children either. It's like telling someone that you aren't liked, but they're ok with your hand. Or maybe it sounds like that to me. I'm aware that they are their own persons, they're separate human beings and yet they're not.

It also works vice versa, if they don't like your children they don't like you.

Who they are, in part, is a direct result of who I am. From the day of conception, the very first moment of their life, I have poured my every drop of who I am into who they are. I have given them my dna, my blood, my sweat, my tears, my time, my food, my money, my life; everything to make them who they are. In fact, sometimes with their personalities there is absolutely no question you could pick me out as their parent if you knew me and had never met them. {That's a good thing and a bad thing}.

It's like somebody coming up to you and saying, I don't like you on mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, or thursdays but could you do me a favor on friday?  That's what it sounds like to me. In fact, that's exactly how it feels to me. You don't want the part you don't want, but you think you have a right to the good parts of me and my life. 

Is it wrong for me to think like this? And at what point are you protecting your children or being spiteful? 

In-laws. Who thought them up? I'm aware that my children are also a portion of my husband, although you wouldn't really know it, because like I said they're basically my clones...

What is an unfair expectation? I suppose this is where my train of thought is going. Is it too much to say that in order to be in my families life you need to find a way to respect me? And I don't only mean to my face. 

Also, a woman shouldn't have to pitch a fit and put her foot down {take note men} to finally see action happen, because then it just doesn't feel sincere. And this goes for pretty much everything. You're supposed to be like a guard dog, you hear the intruder, smell the intruder, see the intruder and take action without having to be told because you were raised to protect. Or, maybe you weren't. But you were supposed to be.

I'm getting off topic. 

The point is here that my children are the best parts of me, you don't get to tell me I'm the bad and the ugly and then think you're going to waltz around town with The Goods. You either take the whole package or go hungry. 

The End. 


Comments

Popular Posts