Our Choices

I am so over people who ask for your advice and then


  1. Act as though you don't know what you're talking about OR
  2. Avoid you because they probably got annoyed because they didn't like the advice you gave
Here is some friendly advice from someone who gets asked for advice on a regular basis figure it out for yourself and stop asking for advice if you're so bull headed you're going to ignore it and do what you want anyway. 

The point of asking for advice, you ask? It's to gain perspective, knowledge and generally to help you decide the best route to continue on. But 99% of people are only looking for confirmation and permission to do what they've already decided they're going to do anyway. I'm not going to help you with that. 

I'm the type of person that actually believes in speaking the truth regardless of if you want to hear it or not. I will more than likely hurt your feelings, anger you, and quite possibly end up giving you some of the best advice anyone will give you because I will say things that most won't because it's too difficult. 

But I'm also not worried about maintaining fake relationships. If you want the truth, I'm here. If you're delusional and want somebody to pet your fantasies and tip toe around your little bubbles don't come calling on me. Because you will be greatly disappointed in the outcome. 

I don't know everything, but my knowledge is vast, mostly because I pay attention. I listen, I observe, I read, I have grown up around many older generations that I was literally forced to sit down and listen to. It was incredibly boring growing up around old people, but you hear things and many times you have no choice but to remember exactly what was being said. So many subjects, so many experiences, so much varying knowledge that got shoved in my head and much of it is random. But I don't know everything. I don't pretend to, but I do know a lot and what I don't know I am more than happy to tell you  I don't know. 

I'm not so egotistical that I'm going to sit down and pretend that I know something of which I'm ignorant. I also encourage you to do your own research and not just take my word on it, because some of my knowledge is quite honestly decades old. 

BUT AGAIN! I am so tired of getting asked for my opinion and advice only to be shirked off as if I'm ignorant, if you don't like it then you're free to move on and make your mistakes that you're going to make and then nicely don't mention them to me because I do like saying I told you so.  Who doesn't? 

It's OK to screw up, but how many times must a person be warned they're stepping on fire before they burst into flames and then wonder what happened? 

Me? I don't ask for advice often. Why? I do my own research. I come up with my own opinions based on the knowledge available, which is infinite. And then I pray to God that I am making the right choice, but at the end of the day.... We both have to live with our choices. 

Comments

Popular Posts