Cheerleaders

I find it oddly ironic how at night I get all gung-ho about projects and then when I wake up the next day I can't seem to find a scrap of want to to actually accomplish them...or start them.

What am I waiting for? 

I suppose I have a case of the I don't want to do it alone's. I'm a group activity kind of person. Although I generally don't like to be around many people I don't like to do things alone. 

Is it because I don't think I can do it? Maybe partially. I like the company. Every task is more enjoyable if you have others that are interested in doing it too. And possibly people who have done it before so it isn't like this long drawn out task where I'm reading directions, looking at pictures, and slowly taking it one step at a time. Because that's how I roll

I like it when I have someone who knows what they're doing telling me what to do so I do it right. There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about buying supplies for a project, taking time to do the project, and then looking at your project and it looks nothing like you wanted it to...lol I haven't had a lot of bad turn outs, but I do have a hard time staying pumped. 

I need my own cheerleader. 

I've been like this my entire life. I literally don't mind any work as long as I have a group of people that are surrounding me, giving me input, helping, or just talking to me; it makes life so much more enjoyable. I think that is possibly the only thing I miss about my job. I think that's probably what most people miss about any job, the interaction. 

I miss feeling apart of something. Here in my house I am pretty much a team of one. 

My kids are great cheerleaders, but more often than not they make projects ten times harder than they would of been because while silence is golden, it's also scary. Generally with silence comes disaster. 

What am I going to do? 

I'm going to find a way to motivate myself, maybe put on some jams, pump myself up, make a motivational poster? lol I'll try anything. 

This staying at home business is going to take more adjusting than I'd realized, I have to learn to be my own cheerleader, I should be used to that. I guess it's a good lesson to teach me to be more inspiring for my children as well. We all need cheerleaders, don't we? 

Comments

Popular Posts