Love Here

If we are not moving towards something, we are moving away from something. Since life is constantly moving if we try to stand still it's basic logic.

You try to capture a moment, try to stay the way you are and in doing that you unknowingly regress.

Everyday is a new kind of challenge, maybe it's to find a day interesting when in fact it is boring. Maybe it is to see things from a new perspective and learn a lesson a long time in the coming. Maybe it's to admit for the first time that people, any people including myself, assuming another person's life is easier just because of the lack of your details in their life is not only ignorant, but incredibly egotistical.

No one's life is simple. Everyone's life has levels, today your life may really suck. You may be struggling a lot. In fact, you may be at the brink of just being overwhelmed. I've been overwhelmed, in fact, on any given week I find myself thinking I have it all together and then I'm trying to sleep and a list pops up in my head reminding me of all the things that slid through the cracks. I let myself down, my own BRAIN let me down. It's disconcerting to realize that you can't even help yourself some days.

I'm 29 and constantly learning, I feel recently I've changed in a big way. I have a new respect for keeping things private between people. I was never a tattler, or even a gossip if someone asked me to keep something private; but I now go into situations assuming for the most part that it's between the people talking. No childish "loyalties", just common courtesy to everyone and their business.

Also, there is an amazing talent called listening that I think most people take advantage of, or forget it exists. They're so busy talking about stuff, they forget to ask anything. You end up talking at someone, instead of talking to them. I find myself doing it still, but try to stop myself. I want to learn from other people as much as I want to offer anything I've learned to them freely. But there comes a point when you're just shoving your propaganda in their face without even asking them how they feel, what they think, or how their life is going.

I know I have been and continue to be one of those people, at times. It's sad, but I'm trying my best to open myself up to the possibilities that I don't have the answers and possibly I could glean something from them to use in my life now. Maybe through their bad day, I have more to learn...

More to grow, somewhere to move. Like a chess game, life expects you to have a strategy. It expects that you're on your game and you're paying attention.

Life will move with or without you, but you get to choose if you're a willing participant and if you decide to try to mold your existence into what you want. It isn't going to happen today. It may not happen tomorrow, you also have to love where you are in life because it is life you are living. You are growing older and your children are too. You are going to remember these days just as much as the others, will you be happy in spite of your situation? In spite of it not being where you wish you were?

You are here. Not there. Love here.

Comments

Popular Posts