Be The Music



 It's terrible when you look back on a point in your life and realize how much you were shoved into a box and how unrecognizable you were. I listen to my music before this period and it was pure, it was rich and it was real. Then I listen to the "demo" I made with these fake people {who didn't know me, didn't know what I wanted, didn't care} and you can hear it. I can hear it. I can hear the awkwardness, the dysfunction of my music and my heart. It isn't there.

The music of your words won't hide a thing. It's transparent. A single choice of words can paint a pretty good picture of a person and I hear that music and I cringe. It isn't me. It's horrible. It's forced, it's cookie cutter, I wasn't in it. It was a horrible job of everything.

I have a few of my songs on Myspace up for listen and it's amazing to me that I have just as many plays as some artists that are with real record labels, granted it's an EP with a label. But one of them has a song on my phone {it came with the phone}. And the most popular songs are the ones that are me. They're the ones where I'm real.

https://new.myspace.com/thejulieanne/music/songs

Feel free to judge it for yourself.

I shouldn't of abandoned myself. I shouldn't have let them take that most important piece of me, the thing that set me apart from everyone else, that one distinctive thing I have, my sound. There are better singers, better song writers out there, I don't compare to many of them...but I'm still me and I still had something to contribute to the world.

You shouldn't let people take you away from you either. There is a hole out there, in the world, that is just your size and if you aren't you it won't be filled. If you can't be yourself it's a tragedy.

I wanted to write something amazing with feeling, something that would make me have this great and wonderful enlightening...this doesn't seem like one of those posts where you're given some kind of insight. But trust me when I say God made you unique for a purpose only you can fill, He can fill that space with someone else, but it is never the same as if you had just been who you were made to be.

I am dedicated to your cause. No sacrifice for you is a loss. I was born and I will die, made for you. 

 You were made for Him and nothing else in the world will fulfill that purpose. So, be the music to His words.

Comments

Popular Posts