Messy Mess

Been a while. Not that I haven't wanted to post, it's entirely too difficult to do through a smart phone. Tiny buttons, not so tiny fingers, auto correct. You know the drill. Far too frustrating to put up with through an entire blog post. ;)

So, the happy haps. Life in general is not so much slowed down or cleaner, but I'm content non-the-less.

I've got my garden, of sorts, in and blooming. I love looking at my plants and knowing that I did that. I put time and effort into something and it bloomed, of course I know the sunshine and rain helped alot and soil. But I'll take the credit anyways.

My sunflowers are gorgeous. They're so cheerful. If I ever have a dirty house (HA, If I ever! What a joke) I just go out side and ignore the mess for a few hours with the kids. We explore the "jungles" and go around picking bugs off my plants. On that note: I hate japanese beetles. They're destructive and really don't care what it is they're eating, they're fine chewing up my sunflowers and Dad's grapevines. So, I'm fine squooshing them. I read somewhere that a good natural pesticide for any particular bug is to take some of them beetles and put them in a blender with a few other things (the ingredients illude me at the moment), anyway point is ground up bug to post as a 'warning' for the others that this is what happens when you CHEW ON MY PLANTS! ;)

I'm also excited about my strawberries and raspberry bush, which should produce pretty well next year. Our peach trees, pear trees and blackberry bushes should as well. Actually, our peach trees have TONS of fruit on them, Dad is having to support them because the weight of the fruit might break their backs lol. I'm excited to see how the fruit fares later on. Yummy peaches? I hope.

I totally did not prepare myself for the work load of two children. You think when they're babies, oh this is easy I can do this! And then they're both actively destroying everything together....and you realize why two is twice the workload. I think they tag team. Let's mess up the house together! I ought to just get a huge broom and just sweep it all under a rug somewhere and call it good, because I think the chance of me having a clean house ever again is quickly dwindling to 0%. The moment I complete one task, the one I had finished prior is now in distress again... and so on and so forth.

But it's alright. I guess making a mess is fun. And I'm a little OCD, so it's better to shrug it off and get comfortable in a mess than constantly be going behind.... life's too short to always try to clean up your messes. Sometimes you just have to let the mess lie and enjoy the other things that are more important.

Not everything is meant to be tidy 100% of the time. Life is messy, mine is atleast. lol I'd rather have a happy family than children who are afraid to play because of the mess later. :)




Comments

Popular Posts