The Unrealistic Standard

I'm sure the town I live in is low on the list of offenders, ones higher up are obviously places like California and Florida, but I am just getting a tad sick of living in a town with these unrealistic standards for women. Hold a job, Wake up at 4 am to do your hair and make up every morning, have a huge expensive wardrobe with accessories that always look perfect, your nails are always manicured, your hair and highlights are always perfect, plus you've got kids and the perfect house and perfect cars.

Now, obviously I know that just because people "appear" to be able to afford these luxuries I'm taking the assumption that most people live within their means, which they don't. So, while I'm looking at these people I'm wondering if it's worth it to look perfect all the time and live in debt for the rest of my life...and if I had the money to live like that would it be worth it to me? Or would I rather have the money in the bank?

The standard of always appearing "just right" is unnrealistic! You can't have it all. Unless you're on uppers and addicted to caffeine, never get any sleep, or happily live under a shroud of credit card debt. You cannot look perfect, have the perfect life and still have a perfect bank account. Unless, of course, you're rich. Which, lets be honest, how many "really" rich people are there?

I am so ready to be around people who live honestly and within their means and don't have the newest everything, the biggest everyting, the nicest everything. And, like I said, even if I had the money I am not about overkill. Who really needs a 52" tv in their living room???

I'm all for success, and if these people are truly that successful then I hope someday I can be that successful! I truly hope that one day I can reach the point where I have a beautiful home, semi-new cars, look good, and still have a beautiful bank account. And if I ever reach that point I will post another blog about how to live in your means and look like a millionaire without the debt! lol

Comments

Popular Posts