Bleed Black and White

The world has to have negative. I see batteries and I think this. Balance is essential to being able to stand up-right. To balance you have to have equal amounts of negative energy to positive energy, just like a magnet.

Sciencey. But honest even metaphorically.

I spend too much of my time trying to right wrongs that I forget to just forget about them. Too much energy spent on being right and less about admitting I was wrong.

So I'm unbalanced. Or to be politically correct, my chi is off.

I am aware fully that I am unhappy inside myself right now. I let the outside effect me inside far too much. I guess the barrier isn't quite as thick as it needs to be, probably because I don't play piano anymore. I used to play everyday for atleast an hour. It tempered me. It is my escape. My empty space.

Everyone needs an empty space to reside in. To just exist there. Not have any titles.

Music isn't what people think it is to me. It was my connection to God. Some people talk. Some people pray. I played. Skeptical? It's ok, you can be and it won't stop it from being true. My way of communicating with God was the piano. I felt through the music and it cleaned me out. Sometimes it made me feel deeper. It gave me a way of showing how I felt when at times I didn't know how to say it in words.

I'm good with words, but even sometimes I'm stumped to explain things. That left me music.

So, I haven't played it in months and naturally I think it's a decline caused by inner emotional constipation. Shut up.

Maybe my whole young adult demise has to do with the lack of music? When God gives you something, connects you with something, to deny it is a slow death.

Sometimes I think piano keys are in my blood.

When I'm feeling moody I play in minors. Actually I usually play in minors, because they show so much more feeling. One of my favorite piano pieces is Clair De Lune. It is a glorious masterpiece of majors and minors with such emphatic feeling you are forced to be moved by it's emotion. The romance in it. You can almost imagine an entire story just listening to the notes.

So, I have been negative. I've been accentuating only one part of balance and I think sometimes I don't appreciate the positive for it's beauty. Laughter is becoming art... I'm so glad I have such magnificent artists that live in my house... my children to keep me up in the sky.

"I love to laugh! Loud and long and clear!I love to laugh! So that everybody can hear! The more you laugh, the more you fill with glee! The more the glee, the more I'm a merrier me!" - Mary Poppins

Comments

Popular Posts