Backwards

I was just thinking to myself as I was sitting here about life. If life was a board game there wouldn't be one person that would want to go backwards, yet sometimes in life there are moments we wish we could erase and just go backwards.

It doesn't seem quite logical, does it? To want to go backwards. As if you'd do it better the 2nd time. Or maybe not even better, maybe just thinking it'd be different would automatically make it better. Or, maybe you'd take a different turn and end up in the same place eventually anyways. Life is strange like that. Kind of a maze.

But who is to say that if you had a 2nd chance to make those decisions again that you would do better? Are we foolish enough to believe that we didn't make those decisions after thinking about it? I know all the bad decisions I made were thought out and made on purpose, so I can't pretend they were just "accidents".

I am here in life because somehow it was where I wanted to be. We pick our destinations. That is my theory. We all make things happen, one way or another. Bad things happen, but we have the power to alter our destinies by our reactions and if you react wrong sometimes you can drop yourself into a spiral of bad decisions. And sometimes all it takes is one really bad decision to change the course of your ship. One centimeter off when you're out in the water can equal miles off your target in the long run.

That's why it's so important to pay attention and live life on purpose. One move to spite someone else can require you to give up things, pay a price you hadn't intended to.

Maybe life is a game board...like jumanji. :)

There is no going backwards, that would make things far too simple. Just back up and "undo" the things said, or un-feel bad feelings, etc. Then you wouldn't have the complicated mess of humanity to deal with. To move forward you must finish your current move. To continue in life you sometimes have to deal with bad feelings towards a person, maybe learn to have them in your life even though you might not like them.

Learning to love someone you, opposite of love, is a very hard thing to do. I'm not sure how to do it, personally. I haven't had much luck being able to not hold a grudge lol so far. That doesn't mean I treat people unkindly, I just really would rather not be around them...or talk to them...or look at them....and generally thinking about them makes me mad. lol :)

So, the question is not how to go backwards, because that is impossible. The question is how to go forward, because that feels impossible.

Comments

Popular Posts