we vs wii

I'm a little confused by this notion I've dealt with for almost 5 years that I somehow signed away my rights to have an opinion and/or individual sense of self. I.e. for some reason I am not allowed to want or like a Nintendo Wii. I have wanted one ever since I played it for the first time, but apparently that notion is unacceptable because it's "stupid" to want a console when we have a PS3. Only, I never wanted a PS3. I never asked for one. I don't play it. I'm not really even sure why the we is used to describe it's ownership. So, I got into an arguement tonight because someone thinks it's ok to insult me because I have said I want to buy one eventually. Because I like nintendo games more than PS3 games. God forbid.

Isn't that a stupid arguement to make? That it's dumb of you to want a Wii when the ps3 is so much better. According to whom? Gamers? People that like to pretend to shoot other people? I suppose. But to people who want their kids to have fun playing games and other family members that aren't gamers? We prefer the Wii because the games appeal to us.

This is a very sorry and small thing to have an arguement over, especially when it gets to the point where one person is making a real fool out of themself by calling names and etc.

So, I guess some people have such low self esteem that other people aren't allowed to have any opinion that doesn't coincide with theirs.

In no certain terms tonight I felt like smothering somebody with a pillow.

Comments

Rachel said…
You can come use ours. :)

Popular Posts