I.E. Valentine

Valentine's Day is a weird holiday. I mean, who thought up the holiday anyway? I don't see logically how it has anything to do with St. Valentine. I mean, the guy was matyred. Nothing makes me think of romance like somebody being killed for their faith.

I'm all for a day when people express their love for their partners or special ones with a gift or a token of some kind, but to choose a day when someone died because of their religion is just .... downright weird.

But in all honesty. People should be showing their affection for their special ones all through out the year, not just a single day to "make up" for the rest of the year.

Here's to making a new holiday WEEK...called In the Name of Love Week. Let's take a week out of the year to do "secret" things for the ones we love, nothing to do with fancy expensive flowers or candy or whatever knick knack we don't need.... just tokens of our appreciation, whether it be love notes every day or helping with chores, or whatever.

Just BE something more, proving your love in an action oriented way.

Comments

Popular Posts