The Race

I am constantly amazed at my expectations.

You know the people that you have idiolized at one point or another for their perfect-ness. And you ask yourself, How do they keep themselves together? At one point or another in life if you watch them closely enough you will see, they don't.

They truly don't. In candid moments or maybe even at a certain point in life stuff starts to show wear and tear. Because no one is perfect. Their hair maybe dyed on a regular basis or their nails done professionally, maybe even they have the perfect car, house, paycheck and wardrobe. But somewhere in their life something is falling apart.

I tell myself this because I know it's true, but then I'll meet up with someone from the past and I will see it. Not everything can be priority 1. Something has to fall behind.

Makes me even more strict in my awareness of thinking to myself, What are my priorities? Because I want to make sure the not-so-important stuff is the stuff that gets untended.

And are my expectations unrealistic for the things I want to keep up? And is it just for appearances sake? I find myself having to give myself attitude adjustments over things that I see myself embarrased over.

Like when you see someone you haven't seen in a long time and of course it was one of those days when you look like your face has been dragged across the pavement somewhere, bags under your eyes, no make up and your hair is up in an old-maid bun. You want to run and hide. But why? It's life! Life is that nothing is great all the time. Sometimes it just isn't a priority for me to look "pretty". In fact it's not my priority alot of the time. Maybe this is something another person wouldn't do, but I'd much prefer spend that extra 30 minutes asleep or snuggling with my kids than be up straightening hair or putting on make up.

Appearances are important. But not the most important to me.

In my eyes I have like a limit of 5 things. Once something else comes up to the top 5 something gets pushed below the top 5, and so on and so forth.

1. My kids
2. Bills and all things financial
3. Work
4. The household, laundry, dishes, food etc.
5. Myself and my family

So, if it's not on this list it doesn't usually get alot of attention. I only recently put myself back ON that list lol, sadly enough. There's all this interference and co-dependence on that list to deal with as well.

I want to tell you this though. I am running a race. I have goals. I'm not going to be one of those women who gets married and happily relinquishes all of her ambitions, happiness and goals and becomes a drone. But all in good time. 1 comes before 2, so on and so forth.

Financial freedom is freedom in more than just one way and I can't wait for the day when I will no longer have to do things someone elses way. I can run my race as fast or as slow and relaxing as I want to. I could even take a nap and not worry... My expectations from now on are as follows...

To work hard. Play hard. Love hard. To run the good race, up hill and gently roll down hill.

Comments

Popular Posts