I Am Resolved 2012

It's 2012, I know I made a "resolution" list already, but those were more personal and less goal related. So I decided to dig up last years resolution list and see where the chips lie. How did I do in keeping my resolutions?

So, my list this year is large and spread out! I have so many things I want to do and accomplish and continue.

1. Garden again. I did garden, however I bought the plants instead of growing them from seed. That was my 1st mistake. 2nd mistake was listening to my Dad and planting my garden further away from my house this year where the hose couldn't reach it. With that obstacle and working fulltime I did not water it enough and it quickly whithered. SAD. I'm definitely going to do it again this year and create a better plan for keeping my garden alive this year.

2. Garage Sale this time for sure. We did do a garage sale, singular. We did sell a few things, I sold over $100 worth of stuff and my parents did pretty good too. We plan on doing them again this year, hopefully more than just one. I still have a whole pile of stuff from last year to get rid of and new stuff from this year!

3. Stick to a STRICT budget. Um. I am not sure that strict was the correct terminology for what I accomplished this year. I allowed myself more leniancy because I was working alot, overloaded (overwhelmed, frankly), and we caught up on a few things we really needed that we'd been putting off. But we're back to the budget and doing pretty good :). So I don't consider this a complete failure.

4. Pay OFF atleast 4 more Bills entirely. We had an unexpected medical bill pop up that we were unaware we had  [our mail gets stolen on a regular basis as well as the hospital had an address on file that was incorrect] so we had to pay $1000 in full, which was the pay off of Eric's car. We paid Eric's car off later on in the year and then also paid off the last of my ambulance bill, so in total we paid 3 bills off. Not a complete failure! I think we did really well and I'm proud of our progress.

5. Go through each room one at a time and SERIOUSLY DOWNSIZE. Check and Check. Although to be honest it needs it again...

6. Assemble storage unit, STORE everything not used on a daily basis. YES! Win! We totally did this and it is AWESOME! I would recommend onsite storage to everyone.

7. Tub up everything, label, Get Ready for Storage! Yes I did this, but yes I need to do more! I love labels.

8. Buy my Sony Alpha Camera. Well, the money I saved up actually went towards bills while I was on leave from work after having Brennan. But I am "allowed" to buy it with some of our tax refund this year so I'm revving up and super excited to get to start on the path of photography...

9. Make a plan for Eric to finish his degree. Eric started school again last summer. We have a plan in action and so far, so good! We hope he'll be graduated in another couple years with a Bachelors in Art Education. He'll test for Physical Education to become a coach as well :).

10. Enroll Ryley in summer sports. Ryley's sports this year was swimming at the Recplex every opportunity we could get. We had far too much on our plates to do "soccer" like I'd wished. I'm crossing my fingers for this year...

11. Go to the beach, regularly. With the torrential flood the beach was closed most of last year so I didn't get a pass and we didn't go to the beach once. Very sad.

12. Start a regular exercise routine. Yes, this was a complete failure! Again, NO TIME! But I am strongly going to try harder this year to push myself to find the time even if it's 2 times a week.

WELL DONE!

And now....adding... a few.... more... items... (sigh).

13. Start a real savings account for Ryley.  On Hold .

14. To Finally have my own Herb Garden! I start to wonder how often I would actually use an herb garden 1. and 2. I think the light in my house sucks enough they would die or my children/cats would kill them on the deck...Unsure about whether to do this one this year.

15. To get out my sewing machine and start learning to sew! Oh, such high ambitions. Maybe this year...maybe in a year to come...I will not forget you, sewing machine. :)

16. To start the process of canning, preserving, freezing fresh produce for a nice pantry. I have canning books. I have the desire..

17. To begin my very own compost pile! (I have started this recently just with my kitchen scraps) I did not do this last year. The compost didn't do much for the veggies. I want to try chicken poop, but who has the time to chase chickens around? JK lol

18. To get a food processor and begin using the cook book I got for christmas "Deceptively Delicious". AGAIN! Back on the list.

19. To venture out to local farms and pick my own fruit, vegetables, berries! What fun! Omg, I want to do this this year. It's going to be put on my freaking calendar. I think this will be something we will do on Brennan's birthday this year with the family...

20. Eliminate ALL processed foods from our diet (This will be a HARD ONE, but lets see if we can succeed) Ok, not even remotely close. And I'm not sure this will happen anytime soon. Not while I have a job, atleast.

21. Pack up and store all DVD boxes in container. Use extra storage for Ryley/baby. I did this ! Yay! Completed!

22. Organize photos and store in albums. No. Not done. But I still want to...

25. Copy wedding photos, Scan and give photo albums back! No. Not done. But I still want to.
Now, this list is pretty complete I'd say.

Comments

Popular Posts