Prepare to plan

Beginning stages of a birth plan... I found a great link, (although there are many available and I will probably continue to shop around until it gets down to it), for a ready-made birth plan. I am a huge advocate for being as prepared as possible and as informed (and informing your doctors/nurses of your wishes) as possible. I made one last time and I wish I had a copy of it because I'm pretty sure it would basically be the same thing...

I am only picky on a few items like: Episiotomy (No, thank you, really...seriously...), Baby gets no shots except vitamin k, Baby will not be offered a (pacifier, bottle, sugar water), Baby will always be accompanied by either myself or Eric through all procedures... there's a few other points, but those are probably the biggest ones for me. This time I do not want an iv unless I absolutely have to have it for 1, for 2 it will NOT be in the top of my hand. It's ludicrous how many medical personnel do not listen to you (As if you don't know your own body, like the fact that my veins are very tiny in my hands and almost impossible to get and after poking around forever it's even more impossible to keep a vein there.) Thankfully my hospital already has rooming in as the main option since there really is no real "nursery", which I love. I'm just hoping that this time we get our own room again because that was super nice, I do not want to share a room with somebody else and their baby. At that point I might choose to come home as quickly as possible.

On a lot of things you can speculate all you want, but in the end it really comes down to what goes on and your mind might be made up for you or you simply might change your mind in the heat of the pain lol. So, I'm not deciding definitively on an epidural or no epidural. I'd love to have an epidural if I could imagine a better experience this time around than the last one, I think that's the only thing keeping me on the fence about it. I'll just make a few "tweaks" this time around and hope that things work better. I was so (for lack of a better term, inexperienced) with it all that I rushed to the hospital as if it would make the whole thing "faster" if I got there quicker! lol Completely untrue and made the entire experience much more of a nightmare, considering I had the nurse from hell.

Medical personnel can really make a huge impact on your experience in general, you're already in so much pain as it is and just the wrong person can make it less painful or much more of a nightmare experience. I'm hoping I get a much more experienced, well trained, person who is supposed to be in that field. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Comments

Popular Posts