28 weeks

I do not look as hideous as I feel. I feel fat. I feel tired, achy, stiff, and bloated. All wonderful adjectives for negative reactions to the weight gain and ginormous (feels like ginormous, but actually quite small at this point) child popping out of my front quarters. I don't remember feeling this stuffed with Ryley and it scares me. Is this child going to be a fatty? Am I going to have to endure having an 8lber? Makes me want to eat salads.

So, I took a picture (one of 2 of me pregnant this time around, since I only took two last time around). And I have to repeat, I do not look as hideous as I feel. My belly does look worse in the 2nd pic, however... almost like a gut, or a beer belly. Very attractive. I'm not one of those people that thinks pregnancy bellies are cute, they're necessary, but they still look like a gut (on me).



So, after taking these I don't feel as bad. Although I still occasionally think to myself "wide load coming through!" I'll be happy when it's all said and done...and over with... and I can start breathing in with deep breaths instead of having to settle for half a lung full because this child is resting some part of it's body right on my lungs. Kind of feels like a pinched cord in the breathing apparatus... And yes, getting up is becoming evidently more difficult and strenuous... and turning over in bed requires a move of congress. And every time I get up from sitting for any period of time it feels like the dam is going to break (my bladder) and I have to rush to the bathroom. So, at 28 weeks I'm wondering why didn't I remember all of this being as monotonous and drawn out as it is? You remember things in such shorter time slots. It's just not right.

I'm for starting a petition to God. Pregnancy should last no longer than 6 months, anything more than that is just prolonged torture. :) And this pregnancy has been easy, too. Just imagine how much whining I could do if it had been a difficult one? lol

I take pleasure in the small things right now. Like trimming my toenails and being able to reach. Or finding the time to pluck my eyebrows and so I don't feel like I'm growing a small forest on my forehead. Or, finally remembering to include the pampering (pampering seems like such a sarcastic term to use) and start up my daily face washing routine including moisturizer so I don't age like a ripe banana.

I actually put make up on this morning and I felt... weird. Because there was color somewhere other than under my eyes for once in a great while. So it helped distract from the fact that I look like a person who hasn't had a decent nights sleep in a month. (Well!?) It is a little hard to sleep when, as previously mentioned, it takes an act of congress to turn yourself over at night without feeling like you've torn a muscle on your side from the weight of your stomach.


Brennan dear, I know you have to gain weight to be one of those cute little babies with fat on their bones...but all in good time my dear, you CAN take your time gaining it... 7lbs is healthy, we don't need to go overboard here.

Comments

Popular Posts