A Wash

A few times in my life when tragedies started piling up outside my door I came to the theory that I was indeed cursed. It's beginning to feel this way, again.

I've been re-reading the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey's the last month or so, trying to memorize it into my psyche. And one particular part of that book made me laugh last month when I read it. He is speaking of "Life altering" things that happen atleast every ten years and he goes on to state what he considers to be "life altering". Let me just tell you in the last five years what Eric and I have gone through that is on his list...

1. Got Married
2. Had a baby
3. Lost a Job
4. I Had Gallstones (AKA Major Medical problems - major medical debt)
5. Miscarriage - Or loss of a loved one
6. Major Car Accident - resulting in car loss
7. Major Car Accident - Yes. This happened to me TODAY. Not 2 months after our other car wreck...

I was on my way to work this morning and must of gotten a little too close to the side of the gravel road, it pulled me right off the road and into the trees. I would post pictures, I will eventually so you can see. My car is totalled. The entire front end is trashed. Who knew brush and little trees could do such a huge amount of damage!? Needless to say I am very glad I went with my gut and kept my car fully covered ( for the safety of myself and Ryley since only fully covered vehicles qualify for roadside assistance ). I'm also grateful I wasn't hurt in this accident. My car handled beautifully, even though it's spirit is shattered I was able to back it up in 4 low and drive it home....my poor, poor car.

So, let's just add it up. I can't chalk it up to bad luck. And most of those things didn't happen because I made stupid decisions. It's just life. Life seems to be happening alot these days.

I don't blame it on anything, but I sure said to myself out loud, "I just can't catch a break, can I?"

Comments

Popular Posts