The UNeasiness Of life

You know, I've been thinking lately how similar life is to video games. Just the concept, not the actuality of them. The whole, levels thing. You know how when you first start a video game you think "this is hard", but then you get to the next level and the next level and the next level, and for some reason each level gets harder. lol For some reason... Even though we've accumulated more skills with each level, it still requires you to keep learning new ones and to react faster. And of course there's always tests to see if you've really mastered those skills. Action.

I have found I haven't really mastered things when the tests come back around. Part of this is the ever struggling need and want, desire for organization. I love organization, but to have great organization you have to have 1. Space 2. Time 3. Tools of the trade.

...Hard to type and keep your thoughts when there's Curious George in the background lol....

I hate clutter. I think I've probably said that a few hundred times. I despise clutter, but the other thing I can't stand is waste. Which is why I can't stand to see all this stuff just be given away, all that money lol just gone. But garage sales are really hard to have when your plate is so full. I hope we'll still be able to have one before winter comes around otherwise I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and give this stuff away. Ok to clear it up, I have two huge piles of garage sale stuff.

I've actually made some pretty good progress in parts of my house as far as organization. I'm taking it one area at a time, getting rid of things that we absolutely don't need to make room for things that we absolutely do need. I don't want piles.

Here are some of the areas I have accomplished things in:

1. Pantry Area: I cleaned all of the random stuff, (alot of it left from my parents), out of the way threw some of it out and re-dispersed the other items where they should of been. All cleaners, bug killers, etc went on a high shelf in the laundry room. All tools went together in one area. And voila! I have a pantry!


Side view.
My beautiful Pantry, however small it may be. :)




















2. My Work Area/Craft Space :  I organized my work space, put everything away. Threw away trash. Cleaned out the storage space, restacked my storage containers. I know it still looks partially messy, but that's because other areas in the house haven't been organized yet and so that stuff still needs to be put away.


My work space.  Still looks kinda messy, but has taken leaps and bounds!

3. My Laundry Room: Instead of throwing out an old beat up storage cabinet I decided to use it in my laundry room because there was a huge lack of storage. (Lack of storage in my house period). It has actually worked out really awesomely for me. I also put an extra book shelf in there to help with the storage problems. I put all our tools, all of Eric's sports equipment, all of the cleaners and poisons out of reach, all inside that one little room that I can easily gate off.

Laundry Room. As you can see, still some items that need to be garage sold. ;)
These are small victories, but victories none-the-less. Slowly but surely I am making the small spaces in my life less stressful, more useful, more organized so that life can be lived smoothly and efficiently. You can do more in life when you know where everything is, when you have your tools readily available to you. I dream of one day having everything in my life where it should be. When things go where I put them and are there when I go to look for them, lol.

Life is not easy and it does get harder with each level we get to, but there are things we can do to make it a little bit more enjoyable and a little bit less stressful.

Comments

Popular Posts