Same Song Different Tune

So, I realize I've been talking on the same subject for a while. Actually I'm sure it's just repetition of a few posts I've had a couple million times. I can't help thinking maybe there is something I'm missing in this lesson lol. Maybe it's to just keep my mouth closed? Maybe it's that I need to give people more grace. Or maybe it's just the way life goes and I just talk about it more than most people do.

I like blogging. Not because I want people to read every word that comes out of my mouth, but because it's a nice release. I just enjoy knowing somewhere out there my words are floating around lol. And not stuck in my head getting flushed down a mental toilet, causing cancer because they're festering in my brain lol. Plus, I tend to over-think things and it really does seem like it just keeps circling the drain. (ANNOYING!)

But I can't help but wonder if the fact that I actually would rather be devoid of friendships in my life to avoid complications, means there's something wrong with me? lol

The more I try to un-complicate my life, the more cluttered and complicated it seems to get. Until I just take inventory and start chucking stuff out of the boat. There's only so much space in one persons life. I like to focus on what really matters to me. Not that friendships don't matter, because it did matter to me. But I am not going to weep over losing something, if the other person wasn't willing and able to make it an equal partner thing...instead of it being a burden. Friendships shouldn't be a burden and when they become one, it's time to just let go of it. I don't know how they go from being a help, to being a crutch, to being a burden. I hope it isn't natural progression. I guess it's just mutual respect for the other person and when you lose that it all goes down hill from there. And it has to be reciprocal, one person cannot hold any one part of it by themselves.

I love clean. Everything has a place and everything in it's place, I would even label things if I had a label maker. (I secretly want to buy a label maker). I'm a little OCD in every area of life. I like things the way I like them and if they take a different path I am hard pressed for ideas on how to control the stream back to the place where I want it. But I guess everyone is like that. Priorities, after all.

Comments

Popular Posts