The Cleanse Begins Accidentally

I can only laugh inside. I think sometimes accidents happen that are really ironic. This whole week has been the same thought reverberating over and over in my head, I am so sick drama! And I've been kind of feeling relieved that a source of this ever-present drama has kind of disipated into the mists of out of my life.

You know those relationships in life that you keep around kind of like knick knacks? Where they really don't serve much purpose, but they look good sitting on that shelf? Well, the knick-knack finally fell off and broke and well...to me it's more than likely not repairable. Let's just say I'm re-gifting that knick-knack to someone else. lol

It's been obvious for a very long time that it's gone past it's expiration date. Mostly because it's difficult for two people who believe so entirely different on such a huge range of subjects to continue on in friendship and partially because it becomes self-evident that one person is putting more into the friendship than the other. You know when you're the only one inviting the other person over, or trying to make plans to do things, etc. And the other person never seems to be able to return phone calls when they say they will, but really only talks to you when they need something from you. That's a one-way relationship and who wants one of those? I suppose there are those that really don't have much to offer. They're so caught up in their own problems, drama, bs, and agendas they put everyone else on the back burner. It's selfish, but that's how some people are (most people, some of the time).

We can all be selfish. And I guess since all the things I've gone through in friendships I just don't value friendships as much as I used to, so I guess that could be difficult continuing a friendship with someone like that. I really don't put much weight on friendships. Maybe it's so I won't be disappointed any longer? Probably. I mean, it is nice to be able to detach easily. I call this logic.

Seasons come and go, they change and we all know it. We have come to expect it. And that is how I am with people in my life. I know that people are not meant to be around for forever. They all have their use in your life and they fulfill their purpose and move on.

I kind of sound like I'm giving a eulogy, but I'm not. I mean, people can change and turn around and realize that maybe it's worth saving. But more than likely not. And I'm just saying I'm not heart broken over it as I'm sure they're not either.

Is it wrong to feel like a burden has been lifted off of my shoulders though? Always being upset over someone else's problems, or trying to come up with solutions that they'll just ignore or excuse away, or trying to get ahold of them because since you're "friends" surely that means they should want to hang out with you right?, or the everyday of trying to keep something together that's just melting away.

But I do. I feel...happier.

Comments

Popular Posts