The Garden






Now I know why the Garden of Eden was paradise, Adam and Eve never had to do the gardening. lol After the last three days (and more...) of gardening in the heat of summer I am beginning to realize that there is a reason why it is called toil! All of my muscles ache and scream out for a reason whyyyyyy I am doing this to them!?? But it's a good hurt, I mean that ache..knowing you're accomplishing something wonderful. All those fresh veggies I'm going to get to enjoy when the "fruits" of my labor arrive are going to taste yummy in my tummy and all the money I will save on produce will taste great in my bank account. :)


So here's a picture of the start of the garden.




  

And here is a picture of the garden at this point.



You can see there has been alot of work done here, part of it is thanks to Beth, my neice, Ryley, my son, and me, me. But there is also part that is thanks to (after getting to the point of desperation digging out rocks the size of small planets) Dad and his back-hoe, pitch fork, rake, and shovels.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to "finish" up the garden and start planting the little guys that need this space!

But on the other hand... my sunflowers are alot more desperate for a big ol' space to stretch out their roots in...and that's a whole other mound of dirt and hours of digging in the hell land. There are rocks everywhere! And they're not tiny either! They're giant mounds that weigh half of what I do....clutching to the sticky clay that is what our dirt is made mostly of. ARGH!

But I am sooooooo excited about it though. My watermelons are growing nicely in their wonderland (and I thought planting THEM was hard work, HAH!)...I will post pictures of those later.

Here is a picture of my beautiful new seedlings and a few of my older ones that are getting bigger. Corn, Beans and Cucumbers...first of all.



And now the beautiful sunflowers...



I also have Marigolds, Raddishes and Peas. And I will post pictures of those later also. :)

Comments

Popular Posts