Confessions, Cravings, And Contractions: A true-to-life Pregnancy Journal V. 1

I'm fashionably Late: Eearliest suspicions, initial thoughts, hunches, etc.

First suspicion started when it occurred to me I couldn't remember the last time I'd had my period. I figured in my breasts had been sore and I was becoming increasingly easily exhausted, plus having heaaches. I was oing to bed one night and the thought just popped into my head, "Oh my God! I hope I'm not pregnant!" And the more I thought about it, the more I was sure of it. I didn't want to tell Eric until I was positive so the next day after work I went discreetly into K-Mart and bought a couple of home pregnancy tests. Whe I got to Eric's Apt. I went straight to the bathroom. The four minutes I had to wait was indeed excruciating! But it was, as far as I could tell, positive! I freaked out a little and decided to do the 2nd one. Waited, Waited, Waited...Yep, looks positive to me!

The Day the Strip Turned Blue: Confirmation date, due date, who I told, how I found out, reactions, etc.

After the 2 different home pregnancy tests...

I still held out for absolute positivity because the strips weren't exactly easily read, it could of been yes or no. But at that point I knew I needed to tell Eric, but how? Saying that famous line, "I'm Pregnant!", just felt a little too weird. And I guess the paranoia of thinking once you say those words out loud that kind of breathes life into that scary thought. So I decided to text him---

"I think I'm pregnant".

He was aleady in bed, so I made him get up and get his phone 'cuz there was no way I was going to get any rest until I'd let it out and saw he wasn't upset or as freaked out as I was.

Yeah, he was pretty much just as freaked as me and we decided I'd go get a bloodtest to be very sure.

It was more hilarious because he was in denial, deeply. "I don't think it's possible". HA!

This Just In... Announcing the big news, telling friends and family, reactions, advice, etc.

Yeah, so the pregnancy bloodtest came in "definitely positive", anywhere from 5 - 8 weeks.

Two choices: 1. Either we lie to our families and hold of as long as possible. 2. Or we fess up and take it like a man!

The phone call to his parents was interesting, but not a horrible experience. Of course his parents dont exactly have all that high of standard for him. (They said in so many words that we needed to get married as quickly as possible, probably to cause them as little shame as possible. What a scandal!)

He kept saying that my parents were going to hate him or kill him. (Not very far off).

Obviously we'd decided to be completely honest with our families.

The call to Mom and Dad really wasn't bad at all, granted it was over the phone and I'm sure if I'd of been in person we'd of seen Dad's reaction because Mom told me later he wanted to punch Eric. :)

But both were supportive.

I Confess: Hopes and fears, anticipations, hesitations, excitations, etc.

Oct 6th, 2007

I've never really seriously considered motherhood as a reality for me and I certainly never expected or plannted to do it this quickly. It all comes of not sticking to the planned strategy...This is what you get when you deviate.

I'm 23 and thew whole "pregnancy" thing was like a violation of my independent life! Especially being so close to getting marrid. So now my life isn't mine and neither is my body, it's alot to try to cope with at once.

The first 4 months of being pregnant was absolutely miserable, throwing up and being nauseous and exhausted and no food even looked good to me. And the first Dr. Exam (afternot being to a "woman's" Dr. ever), being so intrusive and a violation of my personal privacy; not to mention being poked with needles and crap. Nothing has been enjoyable. It's sad.

And plus, Eric hasn't exactly been understanding or very supportive of any of this. He's so clueless of how much pregnancy demands of someone, 'specially somebody who was unprepared!

A Room Full of Bellies... Doctor visits, Checkups, Progress Reports, Baby's Health, etc.

Oct 6th, 2007

Well, the absolute first Dr. visit was a walk-in clinic for a pregnancy test and bloodtest. Then! It wasn't til like the end of the 3rd month, August, when Melissa my friend and Dr. Guinea Pig found a good OBGYN @ Skaggs that was a woman and a family practice physician that I finally made a appt. for the first dreaded exam.

Horrible! A breast Exam! A pap smear! And a blood test!!! Ugh! I was ready to throw in the towel! (IfI could have).

A week later @ 15 1/2 weeks we had our first ultrasound. I was supposed to drink 16 oz. of water. I gulped and on the way in threw up all 16 oz of water all over the car (which Eric made me clean up). Pregnant women CAN NOT gulp!

We'd already heard baby's heartbeat in the emergency room @ the end of August, but we got to see baby.

The radiologist said that the child was very obstinate, he tried to get it to move for like 30 min. for a better view, looks like a boy!

The Karate Kid... Baby's First kick, movements, restlessness, reactions to foods, etc.

Everyone was anxious over me finally feeling baby move, but I'd had so much gas it was very difficult to know if I had.

The Dr. said last visit that if I didn't feel it this month shed start to wonder why.

Well, don't worry, I felt it. It, in my terms, felt gross. The only way I cn describe it is a scene from the movie "alien" where you see the person's stomach moving and then the alien rips through the person's stomach, lol.

Lots of indigestion, thanks baby! Haven't really linked it to certain foods.

In the beginning sweets and grease didn't agree with me at all.

Sleeping is just about impossible, early on I couldn't sleep on my stomach comfortably, end of 4th month I went back to my stomach. Now, I'm all over the plae. I love my body pillow!

But still there are strange aches every where.

Under Construction - 1st Trimester: Baby's stages of development, memorable moments, etc.

Oct 6th, 2007

Hmmm. Memorable moments. The ultrasound was memorable. It was weird to see a little person inside my body, I feel posessed. lol.

*Now in my 5th month the belly growing is weird. It's like somebody putting a big block of concrete inside my stomach. And all the muscles are upset oer the changes going on. Aching. It feels as if I've done ab exercises all the time.*

First time I really felt it kicking it didn't feel at all like butterflies like they say, it felt like kicking.

Eric's all into baby clothes, first clothes we bough were just a few days ago in the Disney Store. Some sleepers, Tigger & Pluto. They're cute.

Then just yesterday @ Kohl's we got @ Eri's insistence, about 3 sports outfits for baby.



Look for V. 2...

Comments

Popular Posts