Baby Tales

Just recently (last friday) found out I'm pregnant and even more recently (last night) calculated I'm about 4 weeks along. So, naturally I keep a little skepticism considering miscarriages do run in my family and I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch. But it is hard not to get excited about the possibilities.

I've been looking through baby name books for months now, mostly because I love names, but otherwise because I like making fictitional babies in my head and naming them. Could I really see myself having a baby named that? What does the name feel like? I've always been really really particular about the names I give even my animals. You get a feel for it and then really it's not hard to choose a name for it, something always comes to you and just feels right.

Currently my absolute favorites are Ryder, Ean, Shia, and Bella. Shia, Bella and Ean sound very calming and just gentle names, sound very classical and peaceful sorta. Ryder sounds playful and yet, trendy. Plus, to add to it I love the meanings of the names.

Ryder - (English) Knight, Mounted Warrior
Ean     - (Scottish) God is gracious
Shia    - (Hebrew) Gift from God
Bella   - (Italian) A woman famed for her beauty

I try to name my kids with the feeling I want them to have also. The character I wish them to illustrate. Like, with Ryley to me the name sounded like alot of fun. It sounded cute and cuddly and just generally a pleasant child. And that is what I wanted! Oddly enough, he is exactly that. I don't know that it has anything to do with the fact that he was named that, or because I intuitively felt something about him while carrying him. But I'll take it!

Although I usually lean towards names that could be either gender, I like Ryder for a boy and Shia for a girl. But it is early! And Eric doesn't like Shia at all, which annoys me because I really really like it.

Tentatively I have a due date (by my calculations) of November 12th. Kinda exciting. Not looking forward to the labor, but all in all I'm happy to be pregnant and looking forward to enjoying being pregnant this time around. Seeing as it was a conscious decision we made, not an Oh crap I'm pregnant, better learn how to cope with it. lol

I was reading through my pregnancy journal from my last one and it was pretty hilarious. I think I might post some of it.. look for it.

Comments

Popular Posts