Winter time

This winter has just been ridiculously cold! Our propane heater hasn't stopped running in like a month. I'd settle for 50 degrees, because at this point even that would seem like a heat wave. Some days I have to let my mind wander to beaches and warm sand between my toes just to get through not being able to see the sun, because it's far too cold to go outside to see it. (And I have one window which is half blocked by a stack of used kitchen cabinets my father has decided to park in front of our house).

I'm kind of torn. I'm torn because at this point in my life, we aren't being consistent enough with Ryley to potty train him and I really wanted to do cloth diapers to save money on diapers, but with me working still(even if my hours have changed), I have so much to do I don't know if this would be do-able. Most of the days I run around like a chicken without my head on trying to get stuff accomplished and at the end of the day I do get things accomplished, but it feels like I do the same thing everyday only to end up with a disaster house at the end of the day and then have to start all over again tomorrow. I never get the house as clean as I'm wanting to. I really want to get our steam cleaner out and give the carpet and furniture a good cleaning, but alas I can't ever get that far before the day ends!

I love looking at baby stuff and since we're trying to have another one it's even more fun. And it's hard not to buy anything (even in neutral colors) because I know it's ridiculous to buy anything when I'm not even pregnant yet. I've put aside some money specifically if I get pregnant so I can buy a crib and the few things I would need. I know people say "Don't buy everything because you will probably get gifts". But I don't like having to rely on other people I would much rather just have the basic needs, like a crib, so that I know if I do get pregnant I don't need to worry about not having it. It's a "being prepared" thing. I've always been that way. I like to be prepared for anything.

Comments

Popular Posts