Not what it seems

Somewhat sad to be put in a place where you realize that the quick judgement of a situation (or even long term judgements) and/or people was totally and completely wrong. In fact was the exact opposite of what you believed to be true. I've found myself there quite a few times. Sometimes I think to myself, I'll never judge again! Because apparently I'm not a good judge.

But then sometimes I'm totally right on, especially about people. I'm a pretty good reader of people. If they're honest, or sincere. But there is also the promise that I've misconstrued some body language or something said.

I feel bad when I misunderstand somebody and don't give them fair credit. Especially since it's something that bothers me so much when it's done to me. But it's easy to find yourself judging.

I know why God says
"Do Not Judge Lest Ye Be Judged"
Mostly because our eyes cannot be everywhere at once, we can't see through people's intentions or even their thought processes. Sometimes they may be guilty of what you're silently judging them of, but their reasoning isn't what you think. It's just not fair to make up your mind about anyone or anything until you've given them ample opportunity to prove true or false.

And then there are the people that no matter how many opportunities you give them things always come back smelling rotten. And to those people I'd like to say, I'm sorry for you. You hurt yourself more than anyone.

Comments

Popular Posts