Local Pick Your Own Farms

I found a very wonderful website all about local farms here in missouri where you can pick your own produce! I'm interested in getting into canning, freezing, preserving, etc this summer. I have so many plans for this year! I hope I can accomplish them all!

Check out this website: http://www.pickyourown.org/MO.htm

Some of the goals for this summer are as follows...

1. To Finally have my own herb garden!
2. To get out my sewing machine and start learning to sew!
3. To start the process of canning, preserving, freezing fresh produce for a nice pantry.
4. To start a vegetable garden and also plant some fruit trees for a future orchard!
5. To begin my very own compost pile! (I have started this recently just with my kitchen scraps)
6. To get a food processor and begin using the cook book I got for christmas "Deceptively Delicious".
7. To venture out to local farms and pick my own fruit, vegetables, berries! What fun!
8. Eliminate ALL processed foods from our diet (This will be a HARD ONE, but lets see if we can succeed)

As you can see I've got a pretty long list, to add my list of lists, but I like to see what my goals are daily and to try (daily) to accomplish what I can. I really want to keep my family healthy and the idea of a farm life has really started to appeal to me lately, I do not know why! I keep thinking if we had chickens we could have fresh eggs! And if we had a cow, we could have fresh milk! lol But of course, cows are pretty expensive and require alot of upkeep! Chickens, not so much. Although they do stink and make alot of noise. But it would be fun!

I'm excited, also, because my neice is coming to visit us soon and then I'll have a "green" buddy to do all this planning and executing with! It is going to be a GREAT YEAR!

Comments

Popular Posts