GOALS: Be Green, Be Healthy, Be Financially Responsible

Ok. So far I've read about a hundred blogs on how to cut back and be more resourceful with your money and, well, resources! But I have YET to hear these simple things that I have incorporated into my life.

1. Be Financially Responsible: Save money on Barber/Hair Stylist by cutting your own families hair. It might take a while to get it down and do a good job of it, but it isn't hard! We paid about $15 for an electric razor and I have been doing Eric and Ryley's hair for years now. I cut with scissors too, I also dye and cut my own hair. It may not have that "professional" look, but I think my hair looks good and it costs me like 10% of the cost of geting it done in a salon. I recently dyed my hair with two colors, half medium brown, half chocolate cherry color for under $6 vs. atleast $100 in a salon because of the length of my hair. I realize this solution may not be for everyone, but it has really saved my family ALOT of money. And in this economy it just isn't smart to spend your money having somebody spend a few minutes cut your hair. As far as me, it would easily cost me 5 hours of work just to get my hair cut, much less dyed.

2. Be Healthy: I have seen a hundred articles specifically on how to get your groceries cheap, the problem is the food they are consuming is totally not healthy for you. I realize that spending the extra dough for organic and natural products seems like a waste to some, but if you do your research about the chemicals they put in meats and dairy and anything that is preserved you would discover that going cheaper is not always better. Especially for your health! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and make sure that my liver is fully functional, with all those chemicals in your food it makes it hard for your liver to work at full potential! Plus the hormones, don't even get me started on that. I want to see articles on how to be green and eat healthy inexpensively! Like, farmer's markets!

3. Being Green: This is easier than it seems, just takes a little more "thought" process than what is normal for most people. Like using reusable things, when possible. The other great thing about shopping at thrift stores is that you're using something that has already been made, reducing the amount of product that has to be manufactured. Which is VERY GREEN! Anytime you can re-use something (that was meant to be re-used) you are helping keep chemicals out of our soil and air! Which in the end, means healthier life for all of us.

Comments

Popular Posts