Let Me Drown

If love is a river
let me drown in you.
Fill me, I am empty.
Call me to the shore
and I will wade for you.
Palms outstretched to the sky
I'll surrender to the current beneath your waves.

If love is a river
let me drown in you,
til your life abounds my own.
Lead me, I will follow;
float your endless streams.
Lead me there
where it never runs dry.
I would be a happy fool
to be overcome in this
passionate pool.
For my thirst is greedy.

If love is a river
I will surely drown,
for your waters are merciless.
Wash over me like a flood,
transfuse my life with your blood.
Watch as I capsize and sink
falling gracefully
on your murky floor.

If your love is a river
I relinquish air,
this world outside your liquid embrace.
Drowning would be ecstasy,
let me die like this.

Comments

Popular Posts